Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Yummy Fried Mushrooms (be careful, it's kind of fatty!)

I know mushrooms are still not here in gurgaon this month, but still I can't help it or even posting the recipe! (The image above is from the previous time I cooked it.)

Ingredients:
10 ounces whole fresh mushrooms
1 cup flour
½ cup cornstarch
¾ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup water
2 cups breadcrumbs (preferably panko)

Cooking Instructions:

Step 1: In a large bowl mix flour, baking powder and salt. Add water and mix until a smooth batter has formed. Dip mushrooms into the batter and coat evenly. Allow excess batter to drip off.
Step 2: Roll the mushrooms in breadcrumbs until coated thoroughly. Repeat until all mushrooms are coated.
Step 3: Heat deep fryer to 365 degrees. Deep fry mushrooms in batches until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.

5 comments:

  1. Don't you guys think it's the KFC style? Oh yeah, it is! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunshinecookie, thank you for stopping by my blog. Dibs is such a sweetheart. I love these fried mushrooms. I think I'll give it a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the mushrooms Perfect on a rainy day or anytime for me.Thanks for the hearty yellow entry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very different recipe, got to try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Sweatha: You're always welcome! Thank you! :-)
    @Sumi- You tried? How was it? I hope you liked it! :-D
    @Teresa- Sure, thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete