Tuesday, May 19, 2009

An apology and some breakfast pizzas to start the morning

On the apology: I am SO sorry I couldn't post for a lot of time! Please, do accept this recipe as an apology - make it, take it, be happy!

Here is a very simple but tasty breakfast or brunch dish.The combination of cheese, tomato and fresh herbs is popular and is often used on pizza.Unfortunately I do not have any photo of it. :(
BREAKFAST PIZZAS

I N G R E D I E N T S

1 ciabatta loaf (if not available use normal bread loaf)
4 tomatoes
115g mozzarella or cheddar cheese
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp marjoram (optional)
salt and ground black pepper

I N S T R U C T I O N S
1. Preheat the grill (boiler) to high.Cut the ciabatta loaf in half lengthways.Toast it very lightly under the grill until it has turned a pale golden brown.

2.Meanwhile, peel the tomatoes by placing them in boiling water for 30 seconds, then rinsing them under cold running water.The skins should peel off easily.Cut into thick slices.

3.Slice or grate the cheese. Lightly drizzle a little oil over the bread and top with the tomato slices and sliced or grated cheese.Season with salt and ground black pepper and sprinkle the marjoram over the top.

4.Drizzle with a little more olive oil and return to the grill until the cheese bubbles and is just starting to brown.Serve immediately, but take care not to burn your tongue on the cheese. ;)

Note- sorry that I could not post the photo, and I believe you're okay with it? :|

No comments:

Post a Comment